The school – founded in 1896 – has a number of prominent students among its alumnis. Members of the royal family have been students there as well as a number of diplomats and politicians.
Former students speak of the use of corporal punishment among the students. It seems that the students are required to keep a kind of informal standard where older students put younger students into place if they act out.
- Among the incidents are nightly raids in the dorms conducted by senior students, so newcomers were beaten.
- Newcomers were forced to have a broom-stick with a condom put up in private parts.
- Rule breakers were required to receive electrical shocks with an electric fly swatter on more sensitive parts of their body.
- Newcomers were spoken of in degrading language like slaves.
They need to do that to show that they take bullying seriously. Nothing would do it.
Sources: (In Swedish language)
- ’Vi blev slagna hela tiden’ (Aftonbladet)
- Veckans kris: Lundsberg internatskola (Svenska Institutet for Kriskommunikation)